Louis VuittonFounded at the dawn of the modern travel era, Louis Vuitton is on a perpetual mission to explore new horizons, propelled by an innovative spirit, boundless creativity, and unparalleled savoir-faire.
Creation date: 1854
Chairman and CEO: Pietro Beccari
Head office: 2, rue du Pont-Neuf, 75001 Paris - France
IconCreated by Georges Louis Vuitton in 1896 as a tribute to his father, the Monogram canvas, a highly coveted material that quickly became a sign of distinction and rarity. Today, the Monogram motif provides endless inspiration for contemporary re-interpretations by Louis Vuitton’s own Artistic Directors as well as artistic visionaries.
Today, Louis Vuitton expresses its daring spirit by developing additional savoir-faire in a growing number of related crafts, always propelled by an inexhaustible desire to do the unexpected. Historically known for its Damier and Monogram canvases, the Maison also creates leather goods in a range of finishes such as the iconic Epi, as well as increasingly sophisticated leathers and models such as the timeless Capucines bag. Starting at the end of the 20th century, Louis Vuitton reconnected with its founder’s expertise as a wardrobe packer with the launch of fashion collections for both women and men, now headed by Artistic Director Nicolas Ghesquière. Since then, the Maison has also ventured into the domains of watchemaking with the Tambour timepieces, jewellery headed by Artistic Director Francesca Amfitheatrof, as well as fragrances with Master Perfumer Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud. Frequently collaborating with world-renowned artists and architects, the Maison presents the Louis Vuitton Objets Nomades collection of travel-inspired objects and furniture imagined by a growing list of leading international designers.
- 4 rue des Capucines: Louis Vuitton's first store opens in 1854
- 17 leather goods workshops in France
- 250 the average number of operations needed to create a Louis Vuitton leather bag
Louis Vuitton on social media
- From start to finish. “Building shoes gradually is what enchants me most.” – Elena, Men’s Shoe Supervisor.…
- Cannes Film Festival 2023. Explore the intricate details of actress Sandra Hüller’s custom lace dress by…
- Cannes Film Festival 2023. Actress Sandra Hüller wore a custom lace dress embroidered with pink rhinestones by…