RIMOWAFounded in Cologne in 1898, RIMOWA has become one of the quintessential houses for prestigious luggage, renowned for its iconic design and its pursuit of excellence. An industry benchmark for German craftsmanship and innovation, RIMOWA constantly strives to inspire sophisticated travellers to discover new horizons.
Creation date: 1898
CEO: Hugues Bonnet-Masimbert
Head office: Richard-Byrd-Str. 13, 50829 Cologne, Germany
IconAt RIMOWA, we say aluminium has Persönlichkeit, or personality. As it ages, it evolves. It’s a material that reflects the character of those that use it, a record of a personal journey. Designed in Germany, our suitcases have recorded our life in Cologne. And although they’re made by our hands – with every dent, scratch, and sticker – they’re defined by yours.
Besides courage and curiosity, every pioneering idea is closely bound to its very own source of inspiration. At RIMOWA, it is the legendary JUNKERS F13 – the world’s first all-metal passenger aircraft. A symbol for a new era of travelling, constructed by visionary engineer Hugo Junkers in 1919.
It is not only the lightweight aluminium with its iconic groove design that inspired RIMOWA, but at the same time Hugo Junkers’ legacy of uniting people and nations that continues to shape the RIMOWA brand today.
- 3 Production sites worldwide
- 90 Average number of steps it takes to make a RIMOWA suitcase
- 200 Average number of components assembled in a Rimowa suitcase
RIMOWA on social media
- Add a touch of colour to your travels with the new RIMOWA Essential Cabin in Petal.
- The RIMOWA x Forging event starts soon. Running from May 29 to June 5, the Forging event allows NFT holder…
- Iconic travel tools inspired by the beauty of blossoming trees — the RIMOWA Never Still Flap Backpack Small and the…